For all customs related information please see official website of Central Board of Excise and Customs i.e. www.cbec.gov.in
The Consulate does not issue any documentation for this purpose. However the
procedural formalities are listed below.
1. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Quarantine Officer at the Animal Quarantine Station in India.
2. A duplicate copy of the NOC has to be fixed on the crate of the pet during the air travel.
3. Original copy of the NOC has to be produced in India to get the pet released from the customs at the Airport in India.
4. On arrival in India, an appointment to be fixed with the Quarantine Officer for issue of a temporary Health Certificate on examination of the pet.
30 days thereafter a certificate of health to be obtained from a local veterinarian to be produced at the Animal Quarantine Station. Then, the pet will be issued a permanent certificate of health for his/her stay in India. People intending on arriving with their pets as accompanied luggage will need to have an agent apply for this certificate before they enter the country. It is required to be obtained in person and cannot be applied for online.
The NOC document takes about 5 working days to obtain. Documents required
for NOC are:
1. All vaccination records of the pet.
2. Government issued veterinary certificate from the exporting country (USDA document with the Annexure I/II in case of USA )
3. Flight details / confirmation of the passenger's travel into India / Copy of the airway bill
4. Veterinary Certificate
- Commercial Representative
- Exhibitions and Trade Fairs
- India Commercial
- IndiaConnect Initiative: India Corporate Internship
- Indian Customs
- Invest India
- Monthly Commercial Report
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)