FAQs - Passports
FAQs - Passports
The passport can be applied for reissue from one year before its expiry or for change in the entries in the existing passport including complete name change, change of name after marriage, change in appearance, change in date of birth, change in place of birth, change in sex or change in signature.
The Consulate General of India, San Francisco, does not directly accept applications, either in person or through mail/courier for Passport services. All applicants should apply through M/S Cox and Kings Global Services (CKGS). Contact details of M/S (CKGS) Indian Passport Application Center - San Francisco: 225 Bush Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 Tel. Passport Helpline: 1-888-585-5431 ; Website: https://passport.in.ckgs.us/ ; For feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
The normal processing time of passport is 3 weeks. Previous passports issued from Passport Issuing Authorities other than San Francisco could take much longer. If you wish to seek any information regarding these services, or if you wish to ascertain status of processing of your application, or if you have any complaints/suggestions regarding the service, you must contact Cox and Kings Global Services (CKGS) only.
Consulate could be contacted by email on the passport and passport related services, if the service is delayed by more than 30 working days from the date of submission of all necessary documents. Details are available at https://www.cgisf.gov.in/page/display/187/230. Consulate has a robust grievance redressal mechanism which monitors all such complaints and an answer is provided within 48 hours of the complaint.
Full name, date of birth, previous passport number, contact number/email and the application reference ID / receipt number.
Yes. However, all Tatkal applications must be prior approved at the Consulate by the applicant in person during consular hours on any working day between 9.00 A.M. and 12.00 noon. This Express Service is a provision for issuance of passport under a situation of emergency, the nature of emergency must be provided to the satisfaction of the Consulate for approval under Tatkal.
This service is not available for (a) passport applications sent by mail, (b) expired passports, (c) those passports which require clearance from the original Passport Issuing Authority, and (d) those persons having no legal status to stay in the US.
PASSPORT SERVICES 35 X 35 mm.
The photo requirements are very strict.. Please follow the following instructions accordingly:
1. Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
2. The face should cover about 60-70 percent of the photo area
3. The applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin.
4. Please ensure both ears, neck, and shoulders are clearly visible.
5. The head must be centered within the frame.
6. Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open.
7. Background should be plain white colored without borders with contract colored clothes (not white clothes).
8. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted.
9. No shadows on the face or on the background.
Following are important links concerning issues related to Passport application filing